As we determine the best way to approach an Interviewer–who is a ‘Driver’–we need to be sure to understand their Highest Value, Motivator, Stress Behavior, Fear, How They Operate with Others & Their Mode of Operation. Read on–so you discover what you need to know about those who have the dominate persona of a ‘Driver.’
Generally speaking–2 examples of Positions which embody a dominate ‘Driver’ persona are CEO’s or Entrepreneurs. Below is a brief list of characteristics which typically fall within this persona. By knowing this, you can understand how to communicate more effectively and to speak their language–not only through actual words, but in your tone and body language. Use this to your advantage as you interview with CEO’s or Entrepreneurs OR whenever you determine that an Interviewer is a ‘Driver.’
1. Communication Language: Aggressive–Direct–Task-Centered
2. Highest Value: Results–Get Things Done
3. Motivator: Completion–Make it Happen
4. Stress Behavior: Dictate–Do it Now
5. Fears: Losing Control
6. Operates with Others: Independent–I Do It My Way, I Know Better, Works Quickly & Decides Quickly, Wants to Be in Charge
7. Mode of Operation: I Make Sure Everyone Gets the Job Done Fast
8. Is an Influencer–Their ‘Color’ Tends to be Red
9. Awards Covering their Office–Pictures of THEM skiing, sailing, golfing, etc.
Stay tuned next week–as we uncover strategies behind SALARY Negotiation!